Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - riding switch
Thread: riding switch
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #68 (permalink)
ig88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
Because of the relatively ...... anything short of tough blacks in switch.

Biggest problem I'm having right now is that I find my edge transition is delayed when going from heelside to toeside. Kind of a reluctance to commit. I can overcome it by concentrating on it, and eventually I'll be confident enough that it'll be automatic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucew. View Post
Thats the same problem I have that I'm trying to improve on. My turn initiation feels slow and sloppy when Im riding switch. I'm sure my directional board doesn't help things much but i think i really just need to force myself ......
I too the other day was having the same problem while learning switch. I am regular. As I rode switch trying to transition from heel to toe, I seemed to take too long both temporally and distance-wise to get back to neutral (fall line) before engaging the toe edge.

Hence during my switch my heel edge once engaged, was difficult to halt. That could spell disasters if you know what I mean. Sometimes as I could not transition back to my toe-edge and as I was nearing the side of the slope, I simply forced a pivot turn on my never-ending heel edge turn into a brake, just to start all over again.

On the other hand during switch, my transition from toe edge to heel edge was more than comfortable and effortless to my surprise.

Has anyone come up with a good solution to this particular problem?
ig88 is offline   Reply With Quote