Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2 days near Denver... Copper Mtn, Loveland, Winter park or ???
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
w3iiipu

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
I think you copied a couple of posts of mine there.

Snowklinger is right about Winterpark being the Mogul capital. They have gotten more snow than Summit or Loveland right now though. If it is going to be a powder day, I'd say chance Winterpark. Hit the Panoramic express and work the lines through the trees you see as you are going up the lift. Or get a bit more adventurous and run the main bowl though it does run into some flats. The other spot would be the Backside of Paresene's if it's open. I am unsure if it is. If there is not fresh snow or less than 5", I'd go poke around Copper or Winterpark. You can run around those mountains exploring much more and not get lost or stuck on flats. Which if you are not aware of Winterpark can really stick it to you in that department. If you know where to hold your speed it's not so bad, but you won't and the spots I gave you will become boring or lame to ride quick. They are not enough to entertain you if it's not a pow day.

So that is my only caveat. The other place that has gotten good snow this year is Vail and Beaver Creek. Not sure why but they have been much better than their neighbors over the pass. Might be worth the extra 30 minutes to go hit on of those spots up.
thanks for the tip! im heading to WP this friday and also thanks to u i got some discounted tickets during the sale.

wish someone would do a guide to each resort post. Sorta like a disney land park map lol. So newbies like me heading there would know what to expect, areas to avoid and such. Everyone hate flats ughhh
w3iiipu is offline   Reply With Quote