Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - riding switch
Thread: riding switch
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #67 (permalink)
Tarzanman
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzo View Post
I believe a lot it has to do with underdeveloped muscles; I can feel the soreness coming from doing that switch session today.
Yep, this 1000%
The difference is even more pronounced for those of us who grew up riding skateboards/surfing/whatever in one direction.

I am considerably more flexible in the torso and neck for my normal stance. when I ride switch it is considerably more difficult (if not impossible sometimes) for me to twist my body all the way around to the front to face forward properly.

I once spent an entire day on groomers riding switch. Nothing fancy, just trying to get accustomed to that postition. My foot completely (and very painfully) cramped up inside my boot on my last run, which had never happened before (and never happened since).
Read on another forum: "If someone held a gun to my head and said, "You have to move to Salida tomorrow", I'd probably do it. If they told me I had to go to Breckenridge instead, I think I'd just let them pull the trigger."
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote