Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - It's gonna be a big one! Febuary 8th Storm Watch
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
aiidoneus
Resident Snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
being that we're in Ontario, there's not much to get excited about. If you show up for open, you'll get a fresh groomer run in. Ontario powder days are like the lochness monster, people talk about it, but if you know better, you know there really is no such thing! haha

Besides that, our forecasters always predict doomsday and it's never that bad. If they say 20 cm, it will likely be anywhere from 5-15 cm at most.

Hopefully I'm wrong on all counts. The one good thing about Ontario, is that when it snows, people actually stay away from the hills. That is the 1-2 days a year I will actually make an effort to go snowboarding here!
You couldn't be more wrong. I have hit blue at least 2 times now with 15cm of ungroomed powder at Blue this year. First was Christmas break, second was two or three weekends ago on Sunday. The roads were even closed, and half the Blue mtn staff were not there. I spent the morning on North riding powder deep enough to not touch the base all morning.

Last weekend it dumped too, and they had lots of snow early this week. We have had more snow in the last 7 days then even places like Banff ... it is rare, but it happens.
aiidoneus is offline   Reply With Quote