Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Blue to Black Transitioning at Jackson Hole
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifted

For progressing to blacks I'd start out on Hanna and St. John's off of the Apres Vous lift to get your form down and get comfortable. JH has excellent grooming on the AV side so you'll be able to focus on your riding (if you get there early it's wall to wall perfect cord). Both those runs are double blues and are the steepest intermediate runs on that side of the mountain.

If those runs sketch you out I'd say just have fun and try to get the fundamentals down. Casper lift has the easiest blues on the mountain.

I'd defenately watch a video on dynamic turns. Focus how the riders in the videos bend their knees and stick out their butt. It would be hard to be in a "C" shape if your are crouched down more with weight over your front foot. Also pointing your back knee out on heelside turns should help get some wight on the front.

Check the morning grooming report to see what they've groomed, they usually will have a few black runs groomed every day.

Ranger off of the Gondola and Bivoac off of Sublett Chair are the easiest blacks IMO when you're ready

Last edited by Lifted; 02-07-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Lifted is offline   Reply With Quote