Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - stevens pass
Thread: stevens pass
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
MafHoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
Continue riding Hogs and Skyline, but dont ride the groomers, try Hogs under the chair or Merk (sp?) Woods, great place to learn trees, steeps etc. When my friends and I started, our boards didnt have edges, so we were forced to ride off of the groomers, now looking back, I'm glad we did, it made us much better riders. Just start out at slower speeds, pick your lines and dont get stuck on the flats.

I wanted to at least attempt Hogsback again yesterday but my husband refused . He's still having trouble even riding straight so I pretty much had to force him to even do Skyline with me. And for how new we both are to it, I didn't really want to attempt it alone. Once I told him how much steeper it was than Skyline I just didn't bring it up again. The top of Skyline wasn't groomed yesterday though so it was still pretty deep and awesome. And if you go down the Exhibition/Promenade side when it forks, it was about knee deep yesterday.

I won't be trying anything around trees until I can figure out toe side without wiping out.
MafHoney is offline   Reply With Quote