Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Womens traditional camber boards left ?

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  wrathfuldeity 
#1 ·
I've done a bunch of research on boards as of late. Mostly hybrid womens boards. I found a couple that I like, but I'm kind of missing my camber. I threw on my husbands Ride Soiety the other day, and it made me smile. So I shouldn't be (my husband may kill me) but I'm thinking of grabbing a cambered board too just cause I miss it. But I'm not sure what is even available in womens camber anymore? I'm guessing I'd want a mid flex. Any ideas?

#5 ·
But I'm not sure what is even available in womens camber anymore? I'm guessing I'd want a mid flex. Any ideas?
There are some good options still left. Depends on how much you want to spend. Some of these are stiffer freeride boards though...

- Nidecker Princess (on the stiffer side, they call it camrock but it's camber with lifted tips)

- Prior Brandywine (again it's stiffer, but they can make them softer if you want, my GF just bought one so we'll hopefully have a review of it up here soon!)

- Prior Lupin Twin (softer board, may have more pronounced lifted tips than the Brandywine)

- Burton Feelgood (already mentioned, mid flex, sintered base)

- Burton Restricted Deja Vu (softer than Feelgood, twin shape and flex)

- Volkl Melody (more basic board than those above)

- Jones Mothership (another of the lifted tip profiles, this is the only type of "hybrid camber" I'll ride as it's just camber with a little extra float in powder)

- Arbor Push (again already mentioned, a mid-flex option)

For freeride/powder/charging I'd look at the Princess, Brandywine and Mothership, and I think the others would be more suited to all mountain cruising...

Of course there's nothing wrong with riding a mens board, in which case I'd look at the Burton Custom of Custom X depending on how fast you feel like going?!? :yahoo:

#11 ·
From my wife

Burton feel good - too flexible
Arbor push 152 - just right
Very Old burton troop 154 too heavy , too fast, really good edges that bite hard
2004 161 ride timeless - this thing rides like a Cadillac, I can't steer it ,way to fast , give me my board back.

You need to find some demo snowboard rentals. It will be worth the 40-50 buck to try different boards.

#14 ·
Burton feel good - too flexible
Arbor push 152 - just right
Very Old burton troop 154 too heavy , too fast, really good edges that bite hard
2004 161 ride timeless - this thing rides like a Cadillac, I can't steer it ,way to fast , give me my board back.

You need to find some demo snowboard rentals. It will be worth the 40-50 buck to try different boards.
Tell her thanks for the info! I have demo'd every board I can get my hands on. They all tend o be WAY too small for me. I actually picked up a Push this last weekend. I'm excited to try it :)

#17 ·
Updated list for 2017?

I found this thread searching for a women's traditional camber board and was wondering if anyone had found any 100% traditional women's camber boards this year? (or the last 2 years).

All I've found in 100% traditional camber (no hybrid whatsoever) are:

Burton Feelgood
Nitro Fate True

Not a lot of choice for those of us wanting traditional camber! Shame when trad camber is so awesome.

Anyone found any others?

#18 ·
I found this thread searching for a women's traditional camber board and was wondering if anyone had found any 100% traditional women's camber boards this year? (or the last 2 years).

All I've found in 100% traditional camber (no hybrid whatsoever) are:

Burton Feelgood
Nitro Fate True

Not a lot of choice for those of us wanting traditional camber! Shame when trad camber is so awesome.

Anyone found any others?
Hay welcome

I'm sure there are other...besides prior...iirc venture might have a women's cambered

but idk...haven't kept up...but a big fan of old school cambered...and in fact have sitting in the creepy basement

Salomon lush...jamie anderson's model when she was with them before gnu
option bella...retired due to signatures obtained
option kendra starr...rode last week
option trinity ...rode yesterday
option northshore...men's cambered shovel/pintail...rode last week

gnu bnice mtx...that got snapped and long gone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.