Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Youth of America
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
freshy
Veteran Member

Of course there is no one reason why people are disrespectful, the above points all make sense. But it is also not a new phenomenon, there have always been bad apples since the dawn of time, but there may be a more disproportionate number these days; I think a major part is discipline. Like someone mentioned people don't really discipline their kids anymore or at least not in the same way kids born in the 70's and before were disciplined. I mean really I don't see the problem with giving your kid a spank or a smack in the face if they are asking for it. I'm not pro child abuse by any means as I am a parent and I hope I never have to hit my kid, but I also believe in not giving kids what they want all the time, and if they do something serious enough I would think I'm not beyond a little physical punishment. I hope I'm not coming across as a dickhead who is looking for any reason to lay into a kid. I just think some boundaries have to be laid, and there should be some repercussions for crossing them.
But back to the lack of discipline; I believe with the divorce rate so high and parents competing for a kids affection or simply not giving a shit about their kids is the main reason behind delinquent behavior.
I don't really know anything I'm talking about just expressing opinions. But I know that I really care about how my daughter turns out and I am going to do my best to raise her right, to be a respectful and caring individual.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote