Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Youth of America
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #27 (permalink)
pdxrealtor
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy View Post
I am 14 and what i see around me makes me pretty sad. Kids are super disrespectful. Thankfully, i was raised by good people so the things that some kids do makes me almost i dont know the feeling im trying to get across. its almost a mix of fear and just knowing what you are doing is wrong. When i say this, im not trying to make myself look like an angel (haha i not even close to that :PP) its just what i see at school is just flat out bad.
Ya man I hear you! I think some of it is fear.... I got in tons of trouble and half my friends from what part of high school I did attend are not doing so well in life. I ran with what you could say was the worst of them. Even most of them, for the most part, had respect in general. And a lot of their actions that got them where they are today were based on fear.

But I always had respect..... for my peers, my authorities, everyone.

It's weird one of the posters in this thread linked to a news article, which I read. But below that news article was a long list of comments.

Most of the comments were people were saying that the girl was treated unfairly, few were saying she got what she deserved....even more importantly that she was hopefully taught a lesson.

My grandpa always used to say the kids these days have no discipline, that he would slap the shit out of his kid (my dad) for some of the shit he saw kids doing.

I agree to a point. I think you need to treat it on a case by case basis. Not every kid will respond to more 'slaps in the face'.

It's a complex situation and it's a combination of a lot of things mentioned in this thread.
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote