Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - having a few issues with my tree/mogul riding
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 02:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Littlebigdreams

Default having a few issues with my tree/mogul riding

Hey guys, I recently noticed a few issues with my riding and can't figure out how to correct them.

1. On steep un-groomed terrain (such as hard packed moguls or worse conditions), I tend to get a lot of chatter when I turn on my heel-side and end up needing to scrape a lot of snow as opposed to making good turns. I don't usually have this issue on my toe-side though.

2. In trees where I have to continuously make aggressive turns, I feel that I can scrape quite a bit of speed going on my heel-side turns as I bend my legs and put extra pressure on my heels while turning. However, I usually end up going faster and faster on my toe-side turns, even though I am able to turn fast enough it often puts me in an awkward speed that I'm not comfortable with.

I think my shoulders/hips/knees are aligned with the board during turns but maybe I'm not bending hard enough on toe side or maybe I'm not pressing hard enough on my toes?

Thanks for your helpful tips beforehand!

[edit] just thought of something else. i start to notice that when i'm at the end of a toe-side or heel-side carve, i can usually do a mini-tailpress that can give the board a bit of extra snap in the direction of the turn. I have no idea if this is useful in any way though, but I remember one of the CASI vids talked about utilizing the board flex to be a more aggressive rider. Does this have anything to do with it?

Last edited by Littlebigdreams; 02-08-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Littlebigdreams is offline   Reply With Quote