Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Youth of America
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #29 (permalink)
Bones
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawicivic View Post
I got spankings as a kid - I deserved them. I see so many people that are un-disciplined.

...it mainly comes down to the fact that children do not learn that there are consequences to our actions and they are not always fair.
I think the lack of discipline and today's culture of entitlement go hand in hand.

I manage about 30 people in what I'd describe as an "entry point" government division. The jobs themselves are menial and dead-end, the pay is shit and the contracts are short-term. BUT...they give you the right to apply for internal government jobs that are not available to the general public and they have full benefits and a pension plan.

I am constantly shocked by the attitudes of a lot of the young people we hire. They won't apply for anything, they won't take free training courses, they don't do anything more than the minimum required (and most won't even do that). Yet they complain constantly about not getting promoted or getting what they "deserve". I've been told to fuck off countless times by new staff and somehow they're shocked when their contract gets terminated or they don't get extensions.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote