Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - REVIEW; Neversummer Raptor 156
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #40 (permalink)
danm

Default Review update

Rode at Silver Mt yesterday with 'officially' 6" of new but much more on Wardner Peak and wind blown in areas. I'm soooo impressed with this board it's hard to put into words. Early in the morning I was lapping a medium to tight mostly untracked tree area and was finding myself actually seeking out the tightest lines because I could turn and whip this thing around like a ninja. This area was about 10-12" of fresh.
Before lunch and since my legs were still going strong I wanted to do the Wardner Peak hike, it's about 15 min pretty steep but it's groomed so not too bad. Definitely worth it especially for snowboarders since the wardner traverse is skiers only and you gain about 200 yards elevation. Anyway, I met up with my expert ski buddy and we hiked... We were greeted by 24" of light untracked pow mixed trees, open sections and STEEPS... I was never once wishing I had my Lib Mullet... I'm seriously wondering how deep I can ride this thing and I'm still centered on the inserts.

danm
danm is offline   Reply With Quote