Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Who will be hitting up Bear this season?

7K views 66 replies 19 participants last post by  bcollins 
#1 ·
Just wanted to see who else will be hitting up Bear this season? Be cool to meet up with some of you guys. I got a season pass so I'll be up there often. Should be getting a cabin situated soon as well so that'll be pretty down.

#41 ·
Went to Bear this past saturday for the first time. Previously have been to snow summit once and mt high 2 times. My only 4 times snowboarding. Loved the longer easy street run(since i am a newbie), which allowed me to really work on some techniques.

But the lines?? MY GAWD!!! *even the single rider line got ugly for a minute right after noon*

Will be back soon lol

#59 ·
Sort of worried because I know Bear limits their ticket sales & we haven't reserved our tickets.
Season pass son. I'll be hittin day 21. A little behind on my goal :dunno:

So far we're at 8 inches :yahoo:. I'm goin up tomorrow somehow, either via friend or buying chains for my 4Runner. Done deal. And I'll be there Monday too

Stay High

#62 ·
Not only were chains needed, but they made you put them on less than a mile into the mountain. Ive never had to put them on that soon. Pretty much right off the freeway. On the way down it wasnt too bad after about half way. It was pouring snow when I left around 3, but I couldnt tell you what the story will be tomorrow. Definitely have the chains on standby though.

I also saw an SUV spin out into the snowbank in my rearview, and an Audi crash into the snowbank two cars ahead of me, both on my way up. It was pretty nasty.

#65 ·
Went yesterday. Ice early on. Slushy by noon. Still, it was worth going. I doubt there will be many good days ahead. Not really snow making conditions at night and serious snow melting conditions during the day all week. Even mammoth is around 60 degrees most of the week. Unless there is a good storm just outside the current forecast, I think the board will go on the wall for another 8-9 months.

#67 ·
I try and follow the tahoe weather guy from opensnow. Obviously the storms up there don't always result in snow/rain down here in SoCal but it's a semi good determinant for what's ahead. Anyway, he's predicting a much cooler couple of weeks with some moderate storms starting this weekend....again, in Tahoe. He also forecasted this dry/warm spell this week and doesn't appear to be to concerned with it. If you remember, there was quite the warm weather down here before this last storm, that dropped about a foot in bear, so winter may not be quite over yet. we'll see...hoping to get at least another couple days and I have a trip to Mammoth planned at the end of March.

Anyone go to Snow Valley? I know it's kind of a dumpy resort but for the price it's not bad and 80% of the people that go there stick to the bottom run. Pretty good when there is snow, sadly that's kind of the issue with that place. I'm not a park guy but my kid enjoys it and it's decent. Probably as good as snow summit's, probably nothing compared to Bear's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.