Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Lib tech: Kink vs TRS

2K views 14 replies 1 participant last post by  BurtonAvenger 
G
#1 ·
I was wondering what the differences between these two boards are. I plan on getting one for the 09 season and riding all over the mountain. I would be getting a BTX in either case. Thanks for any help.

G
#7 · (Edited)
hmm thats interesting how does the longitudinal stiffness of Mc Kink lend to it being a good board for jibbing??

Libtech rates the MC kink a 5.5 on a scale of ten and the TRS a 5 as far as stiffness goes (comparable sizes) and they call it a radial twin?? whats that BA?? not directional twin... also I belive they both have the TNT base for 09

G
#11 ·
I would agree generally...but all generalizations are false.....including this one....ha

I will be demoing the N summers at meadows this year as well as others...and you know how I strongly I feel about Bataleon..

I have an open mind, and if something else comes along that I like better I would switch in a heartbeat

I have no delusional misguided brand loyalty, I just know what I like when I ride it and I like the Lib TRS BTX as my main stick..

G
#13 · (Edited)
asdf

so much hate towards lib tech...
fuck burton if anyone is to hate, they make there products to break so you just end up buying it again. ive just had bad exp. with all burton shit. boards and bindings. friends blunt got extremly chipped on the bottom after one season of riding and ive already ranted about burton bindgs..

Burton uses low quality materials in their equipment. It is a recognizable name brand, but it is low quality.

burton just sells shit cuz of shaun white...
no disrespect to him cuz he is def a good snowboarder, not the best... but def on top.

G
#14 · (Edited)
There was a time not so long ago that Burton Gear was the shit, and in my mind set the standard for the rest of the industry.. Like any other business venture that goes nuts with success, Quality eventually suffers (starbucks comes to mind) Yep, alot of Burtons shit is now made in China just like the crappy so called snowboard gear you can buy at the big box outlets like Costco.

That being said I STILL ride the Burton P-1 binders and I have never had any problems other than a cracked baseplate last year that Burton replaced with a new pair!! I only expected them to replace the baseplate (per their warranty) I was a pretty happy camper.

Ride what you like and everyone else can just bugger off.. the important thing is to ride and enjoy the Shred.. So my advice is find some equipment you like, works wells and the hell with what anyone else says about it.

You live and you learn....find your own truth. There are heaps of companies that make great durable gear, Do your research, read the reviews by Burton Avenger on this site and others; MAKE AN EDUCATED choice based upon the info you have gathered and RIDE!!!! Is that not whats it all about??? shred the gnar everybody!!!! No one will ever rival my man Terje Haakonsson..... hmm...was he not a Burton sponsored rider at one time in the not to distant past??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.