Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #3012 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Ok, looks like it's going to be Mt. Holly today! I have to say that although I like the number of longer runs they have compared to PK,.. the crowds @ the high speed lift is ridiculous, and the rest of their lifts are Freakin' slow as shit!!

PK last night was only OK! Pretty crowded even after 6 pm, and they didn't re-groom so all the fresh was scraped up & piled into mini moguls with icy spots between them! Couldn't get any decent speed runs as it was WAY too bumpy everywhere! (...at least for me anyway!)

I did manage a couple of "pops" off of some of the "bumps" that had formed into mini jumps. I even hit one switch!! (...did that one by accident! Saw it too late & nuthin' to do but go for it & pray!!!) Probably didn't get higher than a foot or so off the ground for any of them, but I did get off the ground. So I'm counting it!!! Only ate it on one & that was because a skier cut me off just as I hit it.

Funny thing about the "brakes!" They don't seem to work "in the air!"

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote