Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hey from toronto canada
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #25 (permalink)
christopherglim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
I was actually referring to the day trips to local resorts.
I don't know anything about Cedar Springs beyond what I see on their website.
Their $15 bus fee is the cheapest I've ever seen though. My club charges $25 round trip.

With my club - North Toronto Ski Club - a day trip involves the $25 bus fee + a discounted lift ticket for the day. Membership fee of $140 per year includes a free 2 hour lesson on EVERY day trip from CASI-certified instructors. That is Saturdays, Sundays, and Wednesdays. Instruction is for any level of rider and includes clinics in the pipe, park, moguls, and race gates for those who wish to take them.

I'm not a marketer for the club (I AM an instructor) and I know many people who find it a good deal in terms of cost, in addition to always being able to ride with people of your own ability level.

I also find that most charter trips are good value. You may be able to put together a cheaper deal sometimes. Maybe not. I'm going to Banff/LL in March with the club for a week and staying at the Fairmont Lake Louise and Banff Springs hotels. $1735 all in except food/drink. I think that's a good deal.

BTW, poutanen, I'd be happy to meet up with you if you might be riding LL or Sunshine the week of March 8-15. You can tell me how much you don't regret leaving Ontario. LOL!

Also, christopherglim, do you have a link to those $25 Blue Mtn. buses? I'm curious about them. I've only seen buses for about $30 ONE WAY.

Anyway, I was just suggesting an easy way to get out regularly without much hassle and at a reasonable cost. As long as you're riding and enjoying, that's the most important part!

GreyDragon,
Here's the contact info from an ad I saved last season for a day bus that went to Snow Valley & Blue Mountain:
<I've never used or contacted them and I was mistaken, I thought it was $30 to Blue, but it's $35>
If you just take the bus, Snow Valley $25/person, Blue Mountain $35/person, including taxes

Application:
Phone or send e-mail to apply, pay cash when you get on the bus.

Tel: 416-451-4388(Jane); 416-832-1949(Peter)
Organizer: Transpal Tours and Toronto Chinese Traveller Association
christopherglim is offline   Reply With Quote