Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First day with new (used) board, a couple of questions
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
UnseenMartine

Quote:
Originally Posted by noni6 View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I've been putting this task off and now I finally have to do it because I'm going away next weekend and will be doing a lot of riding. I called my local board shop (I've never gone there before) and asked if they could put some Burton straps on my bindings and they seemed confused. I described the process to the best of my ability and they said "Drilling holes? That's not something we can do." What kind of a board shop is this? Am I underestimating the difficulty of this task? Anyway, I thought I'd try to do it myself. How would I go about it?
be selective on the "boardshops" you call i in fact in las vegas (yes the last place youd ever expect to find snowboarders and no we dont shred cactus') but we do have a true boardshop that selectively deals with snow and skate boards.

id recommend refraining from asking help from company's like Zumiez, dicks sporting good, and sport chalet. These places do carry snowboards but most of the people there are just briefly informed on the merchandise and when asked serious questions on the sport sound like complete idiots, dont get me wrong for beginners who have not ridin before, they can deffinately get you some good equipment but for a task like this call around more or as other have suggested you'l save your time and money doing it yourself!
UnseenMartine is offline   Reply With Quote