Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What happened to real hip hop?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotumphillips View Post
"Beats and raps canned as beans" I'm not even sure what that means, but he's pretty much the best producer out there.
I'm gonna try to not be a dick on the internet so much, it is just really true that I think Kanye is a joke in every aspect of the scene except maybe when he was producing behind them and nobody knew who he was. His vocal style and lyrics are garbage, and by "canned as beans" I mean it sounds like it may as well be Pitbull or Ke$ha on the track.

As far as the biggest name out there in the last 5 years, that's a laugh except when you count how he got a little more famous for being a jerk to Taylor Swift and now he bangs Kim K. Wheezy's got him beat easy(famous-wise, way more recognizable songs too), and it wouldn't be hard to throw down like 20 producers who do better music just starting with Rza, DJ Premier, Dr Dre, and Timbaland...

I'm not some kind of music snob and I listen to some pretty poppy stuff when I'm in the mood, not to mention death metal, classical, and some country. You just should not have said Kanye West (he is probably a nice guy who is really sorry when he's a jerk and I'm the bigger asshole but too bad I don't think people who live on that level in this world deserve second chances - same goes to Chris Brown and don't tell me he can dance because thats a fucking laugh too).

/tldr

Last edited by snowklinger; 02-09-2013 at 03:33 PM.
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote