Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Help with Injured Hubby

4K views 39 replies 24 participants last post by  deeppowder 
#1 ·
Hello all. I really come on here for my husband and ask for advise. You guys have been great. Here is the story: he torn his meniscus and is out of commission for a while. We live in NY and are getting hit with all this snow. He is soooooooo miserable and wants to go boarding, but can't. Any idea for a gift I can get him to make him feel better?? He is an avid snowboarder and I hate to see him so sad.

#16 ·
I think everyone else stepped up to the bar here well!!! :D Glad to see I'm rubbing off!

On another note, nothing says lovin' like sending him to Thailand to party with underaged prostitutes.

Well that was sick even for me!

Honestly go boarding and come back with sweet pictures, give him fuel to go hard on the physio. Then a hoodwash, every guy likes a hoodwash! :yahoo:

#6 ·
Here's a gift idea. Write out a few cards that say "Shut the fuck up and suck my dick." He can hold onto the these cards until he feels the need to use them. No matter how much a man loves his wife there are time when he wants to say that. Of coarse the whole key to this is you keeping your word.

#10 ·
Im in the same fuckin boat a girl I know grabbed me a bunch of snowboard films and that shit just made everything worse. But she did get me a roll of tins, a nice big lip pack makes any day better.

#14 ·
In 27+ years of boarding , I have never missed a season due to an injury. I used to race jetskis back in the day and got ran over/hit at 50 mph tearing my ACL and MCL, even though this happened on April Fools day, the first thought that came to my mind was " I'd better not miss boarding season", what I'm getting at is speaking for myself I wouldn't want any gift having to do with boarding. I once made that mistake, a friend of my new to boarding, lost a leg after a motorcycle collision with a jeep, I went down to see him in the hospital not even realizing what I did, I brought him a couple issues of some old snowboard magazines, oooops.

Just be a good wife and he'll get over it.

#15 ·
is there any other hobbies he likes doing? video games, puzzles, etc...

see if you can take his mind off of snowboarding, so dont buy snowboarding gear or videos about snowboarding. other than that, hopefully the snow season lasts longer than his injury. this way, he gets to shred before the season is over ;)

#20 ·
Maybe it has to do with some of the off colored comments about 'fuck you shut and give me a blow job'

The first person to mention a blow job was tactful. It went down hill from there.

And I second the statement as to I wonder why we're losing female members. :icon_scratch:

#25 ·
Maybe she's just reading though, and simply doesn't post often :dunno:

I agree though, them inappropriate comments don't help. I don't know if I'd come back after those myself, but being me, I'd probably come back just to call those people idiots :p

#27 ·
I'm back! You fucken wet, fishy, vaginas. LOL
Not at all offended. I grew up in BK and hear worse from the kids on my block. Been sick and sleeping a lot. Thanks for the advise. We are actually going to do a snow snowmobiling day next week!! He is excited!!

I don't post that much cause I am not a boarder and usually read mostly to help the husband. So def not going for a record.

#29 ·
Get him a nice knee brace so he can enjoy his first time back out w/o worrying about his knee the whole time. I tore my medial meniscus 10 years ago... been snowboarding on it ever since. It is getting a bit painful these days (making me feel old at 25...) but a knee brace helps.

So I vote for knee brace and +1 for BJs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.