Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Should I regret buying this Banana Magic?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
destroy

Default Should I regret buying this Banana Magic?

So, this afternoon I just pulled the trigger and picked up a 158w Lib Banana Magic for about as cheap as you'll ever see one at retail around here. I normally ride a 162w Gnu Carbon Credit that I've had for a few weeks, and early this season when I started I rode a 2007 162w Gnu 11up (a little stiffer, twin freestyle/all mountain with trad camber).

I'm at the mountain right now and I've taken a few runs on the Banana Magic and I'm a little worried I bought the thing too short. I'm 6'3" 215~ lbs or so, give or take 5-10 lbs depending on the week and wear a size 13 Burton Ambush (shrinkage tech). I feel like this thing is a bit more skiddish and less stable riding around, especially through the chop and across the rough. I know the board is a little stiffer than the CC but it's about the same as the 11up. It doesn't seem to roll between edges as easy and feel as easy to move as the CC.

I read tons of reviews and info on this thing and bought the 158w based on comments that they ride long for their size. It just doesn't seem to be quite what I expected. It's been a LONG, ROUGH week at work and I don't have a lot of legs (or back... *reaches around back OW*) left right now but I hope I won't regret this when I get some more energy and time on it. Talk me down from the ledge guys!

Last edited by destroy; 02-09-2013 at 10:44 PM.
destroy is offline   Reply With Quote