Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What's your favorite thing to cook?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
tigre

I cook about 90% of the time around here, and I make all sorts of stuff. I'm always trying new things, and hardly use recipes except maybe as a starting point. Trying to eat a lot more veggies these days, too. I like making things like curries, pasta, soups, and stir fries, where you can pretty much throw whatever you want in there. And I make amazing tacos and guacamole, 'cause I'm from Texas, y'all. Love to cook steaks, too. Don't ever order them out because they charge too much for something that's super easy to make myself. And they overcook them. Hard to get a proper rare steak most places.

We eat a lot of salmon too, because it's awesome and practically free. We have a chest freezer full of it. I need to dig down past all the coho and get to some sockeye or king for dinner tomorrow. Fresh is better, sure, but it's still great frozen. Heck, we have salmon jumping up on the banks in the summer, but the rest of the year it's frozen or nothing, and I've never seen anyone around here turn their nose up at it.
tigre is offline   Reply With Quote