Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #536 (permalink)
Argo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Is there a Swan Mountain Road that I don't know about?

The only Swan Mountain Road I know of just cuts over from Breck to Keystone around Dillon Lake.

I assume you're talking about Loveland Pass. If so, please tell me you're not one of those fucking jongs out there lapping the pass with no knowledge or gear.

If so, you're lucky you didn't die. Give this a quick read and realize that you're alive because of sheer luck.

https://avalanche.state.co.us/pub_bc_avo.php?zone_id=1

Here's the pertinent part:
"Human triggered avalanches will be likely in the fresh wind slab today. Expect to see fresh wind slabs today. These fresh slabs are likely going to doze out the winters snowpack. Many recent human triggered avalanches were triggered mid track and well down the path. This scenario can quickly lead to deep burials."
I'm guessing if he isn't smart enough to know that he was on rt 6/Loveland pass road, he isn't smart enough to know what avalanche danger is..... Or maybe they expanded swan and we just never noticed it.....
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote