Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Union Catalog is up!
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #46 (permalink)
rscott22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
I picked up a set of the Union Force DLX Asadachi bindings back in...I think it was 06? Those and the Burton Cartels I bought the year before (1st yr they introduced the toecap) were the most expensive bindings I'd ever bought. I like alot of aspects of the binding from form to function, even image, but found more and more problems with them and got rid of them after 2 seasons. I've stood by observing their minor tweaks year after year that never really addressed any problems of any consequence, so it's about damn time they are putting out some more thorough redesigns/upgrades for next year. I'm almost tempted to think about looking into the Atlas or Force for 2014!
UNION makes the most durable binding on the market in my opinion, but one of the most uncomfortable also. Compared to riding my buddies 2012 Burton cartels it was night and day. The cartels seem pretty durable, but being all plastic I doubt they would last as long as my unions, but there toe strap, ankle strap and footbed were much better then unions. With the new pro model having canting this year and now having a 3D ankle strap they should be much better!
rscott22 is offline   Reply With Quote