Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Vans Infuse 2014 Snowboard boots

22K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  SnowOwl 
#1 · (Edited)
The Vans Infuse is a beautiful boot and is one of those products that just feels solid and really well done in hand (I would say on foot, but the size 9 show samples don't do my 13.5's much good). This boot is designed to be ultra customizable. Variable flex control system, Custom X liner w/ adjustable C pads, heat moldable liner, ankle harness, Boa than focuses on that critical ankle hold zone, lace, powerstrap, Recco Avalanche detection, one way breathability. This is a major boot.

Compare to the Quad Fit X liner (Van's has 4 liners in use this year in various models).

See less See more
1 6
#2 ·
Amazing where technology is headed in every aspect of the sport...these boots sound incredible! Definitely happens to be one item I'm in the market for as I purchased my Boots a 1/2" to small...fine on the slopes..miserable walking on the mountain! Thanks for the information Wiredsports!:thumbsup:

#6 · (Edited)
Yup. Vans has been building snowboard boots for 20 years and remains one of the most committed brands in advancing tech. They were the first brand to introduce BOA to snowboarding in a tight partnership with BOA and although primarily cosmetic, this boot has a custom designed BOA knob that is new for 2014. The new Slide Guide for the Hybrid Boa system that you see in this boot is also new for 2014 and allows you to slide and focus instep pressure anywhere along your instep - Rad!.

In terms of Committment to tech, Vans produces 5 unique BOA systems, 4 Liners, and 4 footbeds.

Here are some detail shots:

This shot shows a lot of cool stuff, Slide Guide, Custom BOA Knob, triple stitching, Recco Avalanche inclusion.

Closeup of the waterproof, breathable one way moisture escape valves.

#7 ·
I've got to check this out next year. Seems legit.

32/Vans/DC. Wide enough to fit my wide feets. All too roomy for my low volume skinny foot and ankle/heel. The only thing I've found that keeps my heel in place, is when there is a Boa at the ankle. K2 Maysis (but was too narrow and hurt my foot). Was Also thinking of the DC Cinch. But these look pretty bad ass with the adjustable ankle wraps as well.

#10 ·
Thanks for all the info. I know you weren't able to try them on, but do you know what the fit is like (i.e., wide feet/narrow ankles, narrow feet/narrow ankles, etc.)?

Does Vans have footprint reduction?

Does anyone know how well the instep boa holds down the heel compared to K2 condo system?

#17 ·
i have a pair of this years Vans Revere boots that im selling now actually..theyre AMAZING boots, ive never felt the kind of support and comfort in any other boot, but sadly theyre just slightly too narrow on the arch for my unbelievably wide feet. bummer too, i have a pair of the limited edition ones for the team riders..only 165 pairs made.

#19 ·
What up Wired! Been a while.

Wish I had seen your post before I put mine up, I had a question:

So my boa system on my K2 Maysis broke so obviously I need a new pair. Vans Infuse caught my eye. Only problem is I saw their flex was pretty low, and I remember reading Jed's article:

"Personally I find really soft boots to be junk because they break down too fast. Too soft doesn’t give you support and you have to replace them earlier because they’ll turn to mush quickly, but I guess if some people like super soft boots and don’t mind having to replace them quicker then that’s their choice.

Stiff boots all get more and more flexible as they wear down, so a stiff boot can actually end up with the same stiffness as a soft boot if you use them long enough. Personally I tend to stick to mid stiff and up when it comes to buying boots, but that’s my preference."

I don't have the funds to constantly replace my boots. Anyone have any remarks regarding this to help with my worry about my boots breaking down, or any experience with the Vans Infuse life quality?

#21 ·
Hi Guys,

Soft materials in all boots do tend to break in / break down over time whether the bot itself is soft or stiff. Boots that do not manage flex well (articulating cuffs, flex zones, smart seams, etc) wear out more quickly. This boot is extremely high quality and well designed. It has the feel of an ultra durable, pro-level product that will wear like a work boot. It has definitely been designed for riders that get their days in. That being said, you never really know about how the final production model will hold up in any boot model until you have a season in.

#33 ·
Hmmmmm. It looks like there will be enough room between the wing and the nob but it might be close and will likely depend on product size and setup as well. I will do a little testing when the Vans boots arrive.

#36 ·
You have the ones with the dial that say Vans and are flat no hole with like the lil Vans wave on them right? These are H3 boas and in order to get to the dial opener spot you need to pop open the dial now on the rim of dial where it is sewed into the boots look for a "shiny" spot on the matte rim about .3 inch long and a sliver wide behind/under (you may have to push down on fabric to access) there is a depression--this is a slot to put in key or knife or whatever and then you rotate housing not dial clockwise to release. My Vans Ferra have this for the hybrid BOA closure.

Try this as well: Google H3 BOA and go to BOA website and watch the video.
http://www.boatechnology.com/repair-center/h3.html

#38 · (Edited)
I just fucked up my Infuses this weekend, boa dial included. Same thing happened except mine popped out first when i hit something in the park. I popped it back in and it wouldn't unwind. No screw driver needed, grab the base, push in and turn it right then it will be able to pull out. Same thing happened, when I put it back in the first time the cable crossed itself and wouldn't unwind. Just re adjust the wires and pop it back in, turn to the left and bam. Now I just need to warranty a snapped lace loop........::finger1:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.