Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Introduce yourself

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  ctoma 
#1 ·
I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D

#3,127 ·
Hi Riders,

I'm new to the forum, my name is Jaime, I'm 25 and I'm from Barcelona but I live in Canada.

I'm currently living in Canmore, a small town in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. Here in Canada is where I discovered my love for snowboarding (I use to ski and Rock Climb mostly) and now I'm hooked for the rest of my life! Snowboarding is freedom!

I've only been riding for 2 months considering I started last april and I can't wait to learn more and more... I feel like the possibilities are endless!

I ride a T.Rice Pro 153 from 2010 a bit old but in really good condition and god I love it! My bindings are Union FC and I wear K2 Maysis boots.

I registered here because I thought this would be a great way to learn, ask questions and meet other riders around the glove!

Well I think that's enough, you will get to know me on the threads.

Have fun and be safe out there!!!

#3,142 ·
Hi Riders,

I'm new to the forum, my name is Jaime, I'm 25 and I'm from Barcelona but I live in Canada.

I'm currently living in Canmore, a small town in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. Here in Canada is where I discovered my love for snowboarding (I use to ski and Rock Climb mostly) and now I'm hooked for the rest of my life! Snowboarding is freedom!
I'm in Banff for the season and I ride Mon-Wed each week at Sunshine or Louise, feel free to hit me up if you're out for a shred on those days and we can get some laps in!

#3,130 ·
Welcome Jaime! There's a bunch of us here in the Calgary/Banff area. I volunteer patrol at Nakiska. Hopefully you get to check out all the mountains around us!

Lake Louise/Sunshine/Nakiska are all great places to learn (Sunshine does have some tough flat areas).

Fernie is a great step up in terms of ruggedness/difficulty overall.

Kicking Horse has great terrain too, but a daunting cat track and initial drop in for the uninitiated. Stepping off the gondola can leave people breathless.

Enjoy!

#3,146 ·
Hey guys! I had an account here quite a few years ago but I can't remember the username or email. I was never too active, mostly just read board reviews and about traveling.

I bought a house in Lakewood, Colorado a few months ago and I'm loving life here so far. I don't have much of social circle yet but that'll come with time. I have the Superpass+ and have had it for 3-4 years now. Usually only made it up 10-15 times a year since I lived out of state.

Looking to improve my riding, I normally just ride fast, hit a few natural jumps that aren't too big and ride through the trees. The park is pretty foreign to me.

I usually ride WinterPark but I go to Copper fairly often too.

#3,150 ·
hello everyone,

Moved to colorado almost 2 years ago and one of my current neighbors use to be a snowboard instructor for breckenridge / vail resorts so he got me pretty interested....still doing research and trying to get the funds to get a setup moving forward. I hope to start learning quick, use to race motorcycles awhile back in Texas myself. Looking for the adrenaline rush. =)

#3,155 ·
Hi everyone!

Snowboarder from Zaragoza, Spain. Started skiing at 3 and snowboarding since 15. 29 now... so its been a while...

I usually stay on Europe, pyrinees mainly. Have been once on Whistler and will be back this January looking for some real snow action.

Just wanted to introduce myself to the community and be a more active part of it from now on.

I love sports in general and practice or try all I have ocassion to. Surf, rock climbing and MTB are some examples of what I try to do in the "offseason".

happy to be around! :blahblah:

#3,156 ·
Well, I have made some post and been around awhile but never posted in this thread. So I will make a post in it. I'm a 29 year old from Southern Illinois. Not anywhere near Chicago. Started snowboarding in Tahoe while on a family ski trip about 15 years ago. Someone had to be the black sheep in the family. Stopped shortly after that due to college. Just got back into boarding about three years ago and head out to Winter Park about once a month. Last year I got 17 days in. Which is good for living in IL. Looking to branch out a bit.

#3,159 ·
In 33 years old living in Los Angeles, ca.
My preferred snow resort is Mountain High. I'm a beginner I've only been riding now for 3 seasons. I normally rent a 141 but I've bought some two used boards (Velocity 159 and a Burton 161) and bought brand new snow bindings and snow boots during Sports Chalets final clearance sale. I weight around 230, shoe size 8.5. I like to go at night way less people but the slopes get super icy.

Sent from my VK410 using Tapatalk

#3,172 ·
Hi I'm Mike!

I'm from outside Baltimore MD. I mostly ride on the small icy "mountains" we have locally, but I try to make it out west for like 2 weeks every other year. My freeride skills are about 8.5/10 but my freestlye skills are like 4/10. I can't wait for the first snowfall of the year, I'm so jealous of all of you who have snow and can already ride.

Cheers!

#3,174 · (Edited)
Hey All,

Name's Dan. From Michigan, moving around a bit for work. Grew up skateboarding and snowboarding. I'm not fantastic at either, but it keeps a mile-wide smile on my face.

Went out to OR for a buddy's wedding and that sparked off a notion to move out there. Really liked the Bellingham area in WA and Squamish up in BC was rad, scrambled up the base of Shannon Falls. Also considering a move up to the northern part of the LP in a few years. It would probably be the Traverse area since the folks are between Cheboygan and L-Town.

Wherever I end up, I'd like to get into split boarding. For now I just play around at resorts, carving, hitting natural features, and slipping out on butters. Had some time out in Idaho after high school, hit up Pomerelle for pow days and Sun Valley was pucker-factor ice sheets. Bohemia in the UP is on the to-do list as well.

Cheers.

#3,176 ·
Well im new here...
I have come here from Newschoolers YA NEWSCHOOLERS.
Im a 15 year old snowboarder from Ohio
Brandywine is hm
I will be very active on this site:smile:
What's up man! Always good to see Ohio riders getting in on the forum fun. I ride MRM almost primarily, but may venture up to Alpine Valley, since it's free for me with my pass. Welcome to the forum!