Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Do you ever go boarding alone?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #72 (permalink)
mhaas

I spend alot of time alone hiking backpacking fishing and snowboarding alone in out of the way wilderness areas as more traveled areas. I like the solitude, being able to do things at you own pace, and the chance to think about stuff. The first time I did any of these things solo(river wading at night was by far the scariest), it was scary because of all the horror stories about what can happen. But now I dont really even think about it. You just have to use your head and common sense and not take unnessisary risks knowing that you might have to self rescue if something happens.

It do like being able to share the fun with other people though. Ive found that unless someone went on the trip/outing/adventure with you, they really dont care/understand about your stories too much. So its nice to be able to talk about the fun stuff you experience with the peeps you did it with. e

This season I have ridden with other people more than ever and its also been one of my funnest so far. Coincidence????
mhaas is offline   Reply With Quote