Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bear Mtn closes for search of murder suspect
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #93 (permalink)
CheeseForSteeze
With extra cheese.

They haven't said whether or not the drone is going to be used for surveillance/tracking or to perform the strike. Either way, I'm dubious about the use of drones on our soil for either reason. They need air support to find him but this sets a very bad precedent in my opinion.

As for the entire Dorner manifesto, I do not agree with what he's doing. Not at this point, anyway. Yes, LAPD are corrupt. I have had my experiences on the East Coast with Baltimore PD and Philadelphia PD (was able to avoid any run ins with NYPD although a Hoboken police were really cool and helpful when my R6 got jacked) and my gut tells me that most metropolitan area PDs are, to some extent, corrupt and essentially extortion schemes on the citizens that live there. Even some rural area PDs and sheriff's offices fall under this category; go research about the Blount County Sheriff's Department and all the bullshit they pulled on the Tail of the Dragon @ Deal's Gap.

Anyway, this will NOT solve the corruption problem with the police. If anything, it will make it worse because the PD and city will use this to justify more measures for the sake of security, the population will comply and this will exacerbate the corruption. Rooting for him to kill some cops, in the meantime, might seem fun but this entire ordeal is going to make the underlying problem worse.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote