Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - It's gonna be a big one! Febuary 8th Storm Watch
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
SB4L

I realized that storm chasing in Ontario is tough unless you have an adequate vehicle. For me getting the day off was no problem, I am fortunate to have a very flexible job + bank a lot of leiu days that I can use whenever.

Glad to hear someone at least got after that pow day at Blue. Was soooo tempted to drive up solo. Having a honda fit (very low ground clearance) with no winter tires forced me to hit up Glen Eden instead. What an amazing day though, when you could find terrain steep enough to get speed on the mellow terrain there. The one bonus was they had the limeridge lift closed until about 2, leaving fresh tracks for those of us that hiked for them. I rode almost non-stop from 9am-3pm and didn't want to leave, but feared the roads would be getting worse by the minute.

Though, all day I was wishing I were somewhere steeper and taller, it was sure as hell fun getting fresh tracks filled in by 3cm/hr puking snowfall.

A few gopro snaps:

SB4L is offline   Reply With Quote