Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #545 (permalink)
turbospartan

Man... traffic ruins the fun of going up for the weekend. We rent a place in Silverthorne and yesterday we stayed up there until 7:30 (after riding Keystone until 3:30, hanging out at the bar for another hour, packing our stuff, etc.) and it STILL took us almost 2.5 hours to get back to the city.

Wish I had a more flexible work schedule (instead of M-F, 8-5) so I could avoid all of these clowns.

I just don't understand how there are THAT many people heading back from the mountains consistently from noon until 10pm.

That said, nothing too special about the snow this weekend (Vail Saturday, Keystone yesterday) but it wasn't terrible. My buddies went to Beaver Creek saturday and said it was nice... they found a lot of fresh tracks. Vail reported 1" that morning, but we were riding in Northwoods and it was at least 6" on top... but super light, fluffy snow. Opposite of last weekend which was a little wetter/heavier.
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote