Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - FAQ`s and Equipment Guides: Please read before posting a question.
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
boarderaholic

Default FAQ`s and Equipment Guides: Please read before posting a question.

1) Some basic noob things to look at. When you make your first post on which board to get, please include this info:

Weight
Boot size
Riding style (do you like to charge steeps? Spin 7's/9's, ride groomers?)
Age (are you still growing and puttin on weight?)
budget (if you have one)
Your location of riding

Asking us to recommend a board with out telling us that info will NOT help you OR us.

2) If you're a noob who has never snowboarded, PLEASE consider investing in a day of rentals and lessons. It sucks nothing more than to invest in about a grand's worth of equipment only to turn out hating the sport.

3) When you first start out, please don't have your brain wander off into the terrain park. Without the basic freeride skills, it is nothing short of scary to watch people huck themselves off of features that they simply cannot handle, which may result in injury, or in severe cases even death.

4) Before asking a general question, first check the guides that are stuck at the top of this sub forum; chances are the information you need is right there. If not, spend a little time browsing the thread titles to see if your question has already been asked recently.

5) When you do post a question, try to be specific. Do a little homework and use Google to do some preliminary searching. It is very helpfull to others when you have specific questions and have done your homework.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away.

Added by Snowolf

Quote:
Submitted by Sedition

When you have questions about, "What board* should I get?" follow the below steps BEFORE you post asking for advice.

(1) Browse through the various manufacturer's web sites. Look at the their decks. Based on your budget, and the type of riding you are are doing, select a few decks that are "contenders" for purchasing. Note: You can also do a very broad deck search on dogfunk.com (I am in no way affiliated with that web site).

(2) Search the internet and go to manufacturer`s web sites and this forum for reviews of your "contender" decks. This may answer many of your questions.

(3) If you STILL have questions at that point, THEN make a post asking them, But be specific.

(4) DO NOT post something very general like, "I have been riding X years, weigh XYZ pounds, have size XY boots, and have a budget of $ABC, what board should I get?" Refer to the above for guidelines.

While we are glad to help you, we are not here to DO your homework FOR you.

The word "board" can also be interchanged with "boots" and "bindings." The truth is out there, you just need to use the search option.