Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Nozawa onsen 23rd~27th January 2013
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
ippy

Popped there saturday and monday. Yesterday was PHENOMENAL. Deep enough that it turned all the moguls into softpacked bumper car mayhem. Stayed on piste just because you honestly didnt need to venture off anywhere to find awesome freshies.

Saturday on the other hand was a bit more... messy Found another of the big lines. Found it arguably the worst possible way. Came down too far, followed a line despite my brain screaming at me to get back to the resort and ended up on the sketchiest face ive ridden. Lots of trees to break it up, still, when it did slide, and it did, you got carried a few meters down the hill with it. Plopped into what i thought was T.Ch but realised the skyline was in front of me, so clearly i was in the middle on the way down to nagasaka. Had to dodge a few rather large potholes (i didnt realise the creek bed was on the left hand side), but came out unscathed.
Had another go though, found a nice entrance into it, had a nice ride, but saw two dudes cut to the far left through the bottom trees. I followed them a bit behind and slowly realised the walls on my left were getting larger, and the creek on my right was getting closer. After a VERY CAUTIOUS walk across a VERY DODGY snow bridge (the only one without a massive trek back), i made it back to terra firma.

Two down, two more to find. Actually i dont really want to "find" the third one. I can see it on the higake gondola up and i cant believe people ride the damn thing. It looks dodgy as hell. As for the fourth one, im pretty sure there isnt actually a loop off the back and round the side without serious trekking being involved to get past the ridge line at the bottom of the main yamabiko lift.
ippy is offline   Reply With Quote