Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - "The Fear" Snowboarding Psychology Coaching?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Atoxa

With boxes the way I do it is if the park isn't packed I just ride the thing OVER and OVER again. There's a little progression park at my place no - one goes through and if I'm having a bad park day I just hit the box, stop, walk back up, do it again, repeat. I do that enough and my courage builds up and I get ready to do other things. Some days I'll have a day where I just am doing TERRIBLE at my boxes and rails. I'll slip on an edge, etc. If that is happening I go and work on my normal riding, trying double blacks and stuff. What I do always varies from day to day. Just practice the same thing over and over and you'll get the courage to do the next one. When I go to the hill I always say to myself something like "I'm going to focus on THAT feature all day". Last time I went for me it was the ride on 1" rail. The day before that it was the 25' jump. I aim to have that feature down by the end of the day. Not quite down on the 1" rail though... D: If I need encouragement after a day of snowboarding I just read some Calvin and Hobbes.

Last edited by Atoxa; 02-11-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Atoxa is offline   Reply With Quote