Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - "The Fear" Snowboarding Psychology Coaching?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Soggysnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
Fear can be a good thing...but progression or approximity to the target. There is also imagery and stress reaction control...like breathing. If you can control your breath, you can control your emotions and thoughts. But your statement indicates that ur psyching your self out..."I do injure myself"...which is just re-inforcing the failure belief...what is your goal? To injure yourself or to hit a box? Instead of fear being the wall to overcome....you accept that there is fear and you start there. It seems that you are fearing fear. Its a combination of arousal (fear), skills and confidence...and in that equation fear is the challenge not a roadblock.
Fearing fear, hows that for being a complicated lady? haha But I think you are right.
The initial fear didn't begin from an injury, just happened and got worse with time and attempts to overcome it by trying again.
I will say I did do one boardslide I was REALLY happy with yesterday. So glad there is a photo of it
But its just that long stupid box, get over that and I can try the rainbows.

Wrathfuldeity-Ill try concentrating on breathing on Thurs.

Last edited by Soggysnow; 02-11-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Soggysnow is offline   Reply With Quote