Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Nike Boots Are the SHIIIIIT!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #46 (permalink)
jwelsh83
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Watch out for what bindings you have when you do buy Nike since Nike does not put backstays on their boots...especially some Burton Bindings and I only know from experience and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Burton. The problem lies with the ridges at the bottom of the high backs that are supposed to grip to the backstays on the heel of the boots. Burtons have backstays as well as DC's on their boots and I'm sure some others do too...Nike, no...and those same ridges tore the shit out of the heels/back of my Nike Zoom DK's, these same comfy boots you are describing that I too love! It's not Burton's fault and at first I didn't know where the rub and wearing down was coming from until a Burton Techy filled me in and was very helpful. I do know the Missions and Cartels have the ridges and the Cartels are what I had, until I sold them and bought the Malavitas = no ridges, problem solved. But Nike boots, yeah, comfy and they just need to put backstays on their boots to protect and prolong their life. I can't wait until 2014 when their BOA line is released.

Last edited by jwelsh83; 02-11-2013 at 07:41 PM.
jwelsh83 is offline   Reply With Quote