Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What does stance really do?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
wernersl

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
I rode 30/15 with 23.5 last year. But since I've got a new board this year, I took the center stands (about 21.5?) to begin, now with 27/12, and feel comfortable with it. The board rides great in pow and on tracks so I'll leave it like that. The front hi-back is leaned forward (less at the beginning of the season until the front thigh gets used to it, then progressively adjusted bit by bit), helping me to get more weight on the backside edge, the hind one is more straight giving freedom tho move (my impression). Tried lower angles and other hi-back positions but never got used to them, it felt as if I have to twist my knees when riding at higher speed. In springtime, the hi-backs will both be more straight again for relaxed sludge-surfing

I newly adjusted the hi-back to be completely parallel with the board edge (bit of work for the front one) and that made a big difference: when leaning foreward at straight lines the hind knee doesn't get twisted anymore
Good point. Thanks for bringing that up. I, too, have adjust my highbacks to be parallel with the board edge )well as close as they will adjust). Eliminates leg pain and made me quicker on my heel edge.
wernersl is offline   Reply With Quote