Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What's your favorite thing to cook?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #23 (permalink)
JeffreyCH
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
I'm a cook anyway, but at home I really like to make slow cooked items because I'm lazy and tired of cooking and prepping all the time.

Some of my best homestyle dishes are chili, gumbo, country style pork ribs, chinese hangover porridge, and I love to scramble or fry eggs with every/anything.

Been making sushi for the last 10 years and I already have posted some of that.
Love my crock pot! One of my favorites is southwestern roast beef. In the morning throw a roast in the crock, fill with picante sauce, set on low, leave for work. Get home 8-10 hrs later, throw 2 packs of Spanish rice in and let it simmer for about a half hour. You can eat it as a meal on it's own or roll it up in tortia's with cheese sour cream n whatnot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Give me a barbee, open fire or a camp stove and I can cook like a world class chef. At home, without a microwave I would starve to death......
For years I'd drag a full size gas grill to the lake with me when we'd go camping. Last year I got sick of it lol. I started pre making meals and wrapping it up in tinfoil to cook above a fire. My campsite fajitas are legendary
JeffreyCH is offline   Reply With Quote