Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - It's gonna be a big one! Febuary 8th Storm Watch
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #23 (permalink)
kri$han
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jliu View Post
You don't find those ppl in ON b/c they either have never ridden pow and dont' know what it feels like or they have ridden pow somewhere worth it...and feel the cost-benefit is just not worth it here. I for one am not that dedicated to chasing pow on ONT hills...but thats b/c I choose to save my $ and time to go out west or to VT as much as I can. Burning a vaca day to hit up blue so I can avoid the God awful crowds is not really appealing to me. Add to the fact that I need to be able to take that day off last minute in light of a snowstorm is difficult...i guess for me I rather just bank those days and roll the dice when i head out of town. Thats just me though.

Funny thing...when I was a revy and had a 15-25 cm dump the whole town of revelstoke showed up on a Thursday morning...police, welders, school kids w/ parents...it was interesting/awesome to see the town shut down and appreciate a pow day.
You sound like my kind of rider: save the vacay/sick days to chase pow on a weekend in VT or even QC!!

Back when i was learning to snowboard, I used to session Blue/MSLM or Holiday Valley on any good snowday, but those days are behind me... might as well save the resources to chase snow on good(ish) mountains! Sadly, most of my trips now are pre-planned so far in advance that they happen regardless of snow conditions All of my "snow-chaser" friends have moved on to more accessible hobbies...

Kris
Toronto Prelude Club
kri$han is offline   Reply With Quote