Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #3092 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

My wife is big on Krav Maga right now. She's been taking those hardcore classes coming home with bruised neck and limbs lol. I saw a video, they really go for chokes and stuff so you can defend them in as real a scenario as possible.

She tried them on me, but I warned her those techniques are harder to perform on people with martial arts training. I also said while real Krav Maga is deadly, she's learning a watered down version likely. I showed her exactly why.

I have a philosophy of minimal moves. Most of the kneeing she did was superfluous. They also taught her a poor way to grab someone's neck during knees. I showed her the Thai clench and how it was way more effective.

She didn't believe me so she had me really fight back. As soon as she grabbed my neck and arm, I spun out easily. I told her to do the same against me and she was able to do it even though I had a full grab on her.

Then came the Thai clench. She couldn't get out. Said she'll try it in her class lol.

I do like performing the flashier moves though. Sabatoa has seen video of them haha.