Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Choosing b/w Cartels/Union SL's/ Ride Maestro
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
DrEwTiMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
The SL's don't have canting. That's the only drawback.

I really wish they had canting though.
My previous bindings are like 7 years old and have zero bells and whistles, but canting seems to be something that I may not regret now but down the road will be kicking myself for overlooking. Am I correct to hold canting in the " make or break" category in looking for a purchase? I have herd a lot of people rave about them, and had a chance to ride them for a day when I tried the Maestro's and felt like I could run a marathon after an 8 hour day of boarding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
The Phantoms are just bomb bindings. The metal baseplate isn't too stiff. The assym ankle straps feel like Burton and Unions. The toe strap is solid and responsive. The highback is stiff but shaped to allow lateral flex.
These also don't have canting as i can tell but for 200 bucks I would me more inclined to overlook this as they are definitely affordable. These may even be a great upgrade for my secondary Salomon deck. But I gotta look for my DH2 for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty100
Correct me if I'm wrong extremo but isn't the new Union Factory binding for 2014 basically the SL with canting added?
These obviously aren't going to available for another 6 or so months correct since they are gonna drop right before the new year?
DrEwTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote