Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wide Park Board
Thread: Wide Park Board
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 12:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
psnwboard

Default Wide Park Board

I'm looking for a new snowboard and bindings, and I wanted some advice on a wide board that would be used mostly in the park; jumps and pipe, not really interested in rails as much. I'm 6'5", 180 lbs., and 12-13 boot size (Can't remember the exact size, I'm driving out to Colorado right now, and my family is gonna ship my equipment, so I'll know the exact size of my Northwave boots soon).

Here's the list I have so far,

07/08 or 08/09 Atomic Alibi Wide (Is there any design differences between the two years?) I'm seeing last years model for $279 and this years model for $499.

Never Summer Legacy-R

K2 Darkstar Wide

Any other suggestions or opinions on the list I have so far? Any chance I could get away with a regular board, cause I'd probably get a Ride DH or a Never Summer SL-R if so.

Also, I've been riding on an old Santa Cruz 156 for the last 8 yrs or so, I'm used to it but I'm sure its too short for my height, any thoughts on a correct length and maybe a quick explanation on what more length would give me and what I've been missing out on!

Thanks for any help, I've been all over the east coast but never made it out west, and now I'm moving to Durango, Co so I'm stoked!