Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Choosing b/w Cartels/Union SL's/ Ride Maestro
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
DrEwTiMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
I really don't care about canting.
Honestly the Phantoms are a really good binding. Flex, Ankle strap and highbacks are make or break for me and I'd say they're good in all 3. One thing I don't like about them is their dampening system is air bag and they blow out as the plastic breaks down.
Haha didn't you just say before that you really wished the Unions had canting? I would think for a rider like yourself with previous injuries that the canting would help relieve the lower body stress for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie09 View Post
My Raiden bindings are much more comfortable than my Ride's were (it might differ by model though). I feel like the ankle and toe straps are much more comfortable and the highback has a more "natural shape" (couldn't even fold the highback all the way down on the Ride bindings because they were too wide at the end).
Do you happen to remember what model and year bindings your Ride bindings were?

So the gist of most of your posts are telling me to scrap all 3 of my choices and go with the phantoms isn't it? I would be all in for them except the fact that they are air bags scares me. Being that the last time before now I was able to financially afford bindings was like 7 years ago I need something thats gonna last!! I can't imagine riding those bindings anymore if one binding had blown out bags and the other didn't

Last edited by DrEwTiMe; 02-12-2013 at 11:40 PM.
DrEwTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote