Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Flux DMCC Light: Opinions and Observations
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
atr3yu
Veteran Member

Default Flux DMCC Light: Opinions and Observations

I am not going to call this a review as I have no right reviewing equipment as I don't have the experience to do so. Though as a rider I can make my observations and form opinions. Other bindings I have ridden are used Ride SPI's, unsure of the year and Ride Capo's 2012/13.

1) First thing I must say picking them up is they are stupid light. I wasn't sure if it was in my head or not, but after mounting them on my DOA and picking it up I really noticed just how much lighter they were compared to the Capo's.

2) One thing I found kind of lame was the sticky foam pads they gave you to stick in the gap of the footbed after adjusting to your boot size. Fig 001.

3) Kind of tied to #2 the foam sticky pads over lap the disk which in the future will make it a little finicky to adjust or remove and remount. Loosing one of these foam pads would be lame as you would then get snow build up in the gap. Fig 002.

4) I really like the strap tracks on the toe and ankle straps. They keep the excess strap tucked completely in and out of the way. Yes, you could cut or trim them, but that lessens the functionally and possibly resale value. Fig 003.

5) I hear people say that the toe cap or ankle strap is so comfy that you can't even feel that it's there. The Ride Capo mesh toe cap in theory should feel like this, but I know it's there. The Flux toe cap on the other hand I can crank down until I can't anymore and I really cannot feel it there. At first I almost thought something was wrong as I could not feel it at all, but after fooling with it I could tell she was tight as hell and not going anywhere. Fig 004.

6) The ankle strap is super comfy a little more so than my Capo's, but I can feel it for sure. Not in a bad way, but I know its there giving me a gentle hug of awesome. No complaints here, but nothing mind blowing either I thought. Fig 005.

7) Biggest annoyance of the binding is that they claim to be super light, yet they send you the extra titanium bolts to install yourself. They come with the "better looking" black ones (unsure of material). I just want the ones in the little package that says "lighter and stronger". Fig 006

So that is what I think so far. I have ridden them only twice and they have been awesome, but I don't feel like I have enough experience riding to really say how they preform or don't preform. This is more of a view from an average dude. Hope someone finds the info useful and have fun slaying the pow!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fig 001.jpg (175.7 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg fig 002.jpg (92.3 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg fig 003.jpg (168.1 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg fig 004.jpg (162.6 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg fig 005.jpg (186.2 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg fig 006.jpg (155.3 KB, 64 views)
atr3yu is offline   Reply With Quote