Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Choosing b/w Cartels/Union SL's/ Ride Maestro
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rookie09

Quote:

So the gist of most of your posts are telling me to scrap all 3 of my choices and go with the phantoms isn't it? haha
haha no not at all. im just saying some of the stuff that i noticed with my stuff that you can take into consideration. my ride bindings were 2011 delta mvmnt bindings (the last year they were made. i think the rodeos replaced them or something). the ankle strap wasn't all the comfortable. the toe strap was pretty good but the webbing would begin to break little by little and the strap holding the toe strap in place began to strip (i did buy them used). the highback felt fine while riding but was awkward to fold down. and although i didn't notice much difference with the canting, the wedgie footbed has pretty thick padding which is nice.

i've used two pairs of union bindings, both brand new (2011 DLX and 2012 Contact Pro) and i really loved them. the footbed padding was similar to raiden's padding except for no "airbag." the ankle straps were really nice. the toe straps were similar to raiden's. id say raiden's conform to boot shape a bit better but the unions are thicker and seem a bit more durable. i like both highbacks.

i can't really compare the bindings you selected since i haven't used them, but these are just some of my thoughts on bindings ive owned by the same brand. it's different with everybody but personally id rank the bindings 1) phantoms, 2) SLs, 3) cartels, and 4) maestros. im sure they're all very good bindings though.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote