Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bunny Hill Mission!
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 03:52 AM
john doe
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by atr3yu View Post
So the mission was much harder that I expected to be honest. My body just does not want to travel down the hill "backwards". I really had a hard time convincing my body to go down the hill switch and even when I did I just didn't have any control over my riding. I was literary like day one all over again, but worse. Also riding normal and then flat spinning 180 I ate shit quite often catching an edge. Olling went well though, but I have done that a lot in my living room. I never talked myself into a jumping 180 and also pussies out on the smallest jump in the park. I think in two weeks I am going to take a two hour private "freestyle" lesson. I always feel better having a person in the know show me how to do things so I can try them. At least if I fail then I am failing at trying to do it right.
Since you're falling just sliding 180 around I would work on your helicopters. Just sliding around in circles both ways. It should get you out of the "sequence" you go through when riding natural. It is how I warm up ever day. Also when I I ride switch my biggest thing is simply turning my head enough. I also find practicing switch is easier well away from the bunny hill. The bunny hill can be too flat for proper snowboarding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 Smokin Buck Ferton 155
2013 Flow NX2-SE
2013 Flow Hylite boa
Burton Stagger pants/jacket
Smith I/O