Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Choosing b/w Cartels/Union SL's/ Ride Maestro
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
DrEwTiMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie09 View Post
i can't really compare the bindings you selected since i haven't used them, but these are just some of my thoughts on bindings ive owned by the same brand. it's different with everybody but personally id rank the bindings 1) phantoms, 2) SLs, 3) cartels, and 4) maestros. im sure they're all very good bindings though.
Although the movements were a little toward the lower end the Maestros have the same "webbing" on the to strap and I could definitely see that as being a weak area for wear and tare, I did notice a little bit to the chewing on the toe strap but like I said before my boot in the Medium Maestro couldn't be a worse fit if I tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Oh I def wish they did. It something all bindings should prob have. But it's def not a deal breaker.

It's like boots that ergonomically lean inward. Not all boots do, and it's not something you really notice, but you might if you came from a boot that did to a boot that didn't. It's just something you'd think all boots would incorporate into the design.
I see your point. At this point it looks like the most sensible purchase would be to check out the SL's. I would go phantoms but I don't' feel like dealing with the airbag issue and cartels are out becauseI like my boots to remain intact. Not to mention they match perfectly with the color scheme of my board which is always a plus lol.

Extermo- what size boot are you? Im currently in a 9.5 boot and see the size goes to 10 for the M/L and the L/XL starts from 9.5 -14...Any advice as to what would be best to go with. Im gonna try to find a physical location to bring my boot in but if i can't find one I'd rather not take a shot in the dar.
DrEwTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote