Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - haha you silly skier :3
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #47 (permalink)
Soggysnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
I'm going to assume you meant to say SOME skiers. There are plenty of rad, chill, cool skiers ( excluding of course my Tele skier friends who are all a bunch of kooks.....)and many skiers are also good snowboarders. There are also plenty of douchebag snowboarders. Now having said that, there is often some kernel of truth to stereotypes. I do think there still exists an element of elitism among older skiers but as these fuckers die off, that is slowly evaporating.

As for maneuverability and control, I don't see much of a difference. It really comes down to the skill of the skier or the rider. I really don't see one being better than the other, just different.
I wonder what these oldies are staying about the newschool freestyle groms that seem to think they can jump the lines and are crazy on the cat tracks riding out at the end of the day
" Bloody snowbo- oooh I mean skier? argh"

But yes I think skiers forget that we have a pretty big blind side.
Actually I get pretty mad with instructors...as a snowboarder with a stereotype AND a blindside I feel we are taught to look around us all the time and be aware of other riders.
Yet I see ski instructors take off with a snake of their class without looking, and taking up the whole run, blocking everyone else making irregular turns.
It really pisses me off that they are teaching bad habits regarding mountain safety to kids at a young age.

In addition...I see skiers look AFTER they change direction/cut across piste...not before all the time. What good will that do? Dumbass.

Last edited by Soggysnow; 02-13-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Soggysnow is offline   Reply With Quote