Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Second Board.. Experienced Rider
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
SnowRock
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Second Board.. Experienced Rider

Hi All.. I have a 2012 Salomon Man’s Board 159 and have loved my 1.5 seasons on it so far. I am thinking about looking to pick up something else as we approach deal season.

About me 34, 20 years riding, 5’8” 195lbs… but fairly solid (had to shop in the dreaded “husky” section growing up, always had an “athletic” build). Ride fast (for me), like to pop off natural features, carve, try to charge hard.

East Coaster… Hunter/Camelback are home hills, 3-4 VT trips a season, 1-2 “Out West” trips. Have started to spin a little again this year (180s mostly). Have a bum back wheel (retorn ACL graft) and will be getting my 3rd surgery on that knee this off season.

Looking for something that is a bit more playful than the man’s board, but I have only ridden camber. The TBT and K2 flat stuff have intrigued me reading about them. Never going to be a park dude at this age, but wouldn't mind something I could have some fun with and that isn't looking to punish me if I get a little lazy end of day.

Thoughts?
SnowRock is offline   Reply With Quote