Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - steep run HELP
Thread: steep run HELP
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
stickz

Default steep run HELP

so after thinking about this then watching some instructional videos I can better explain how I was attempting To ride this BD run. I was not trying to make dynamic skidded turns. what I was doing was trying to turn basically on the fall line or slightly before then sideslip to stop then use the slope to point me forward then sharp turn the sideslip. it was when I try to sideslip heel side that I fall. I'm assuming this isn't the correct way to attempt riding the "steeps". I will get comfortable doing dynamic skidded turns all the way down the steepest blues then make my way back the the blacks. or please correct me if I'm wrong. I can make a lot of dynamic skidded turns in a row but at some point I typically get going a little to fast and sideslip a bit then get going again. I'll work on not sideslipping. it's just so much fun considering I'm a longboarder. and I feel MUCH more comfortable going 55 on a plank of wood and asphalt than 30 on a plank of wood on soft snow. lol
stickz is offline   Reply With Quote