Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - steep run HELP
Thread: steep run HELP
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
trapper
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickz View Post
I always have fun, since it's seriously the most fun I've ever had on any board and I'm stoned the entire time, but I don't like being mediocre at anything so in my experiences setting goals and boarding with people much better than you is the only way to get better. at least with skateboarding it was like that. but if it gets even a little stressful I will say FUCK IT and just have fun
I completely understand, which is why I felt compelled to post this. I am notorious for putting unnecessary pressure on myself and have to sometimes stop and chill out and deliberately tell myself to relax and have fun. Fortunately, that's easy to do with this sport because it's such a goddamn good time.

For what it's worth, when I try to handle steeps (which I am a novice at), I find that simply side-slipping makes it manageable to deal with, especially if you're having a hard time just getting up the nerve to go down it. But that gets boring and I usually find the most success when I simply lean down the hill and turn like I do on blues, just more aggressively. Mentally, it's tough to do since your instinct is to be more cautious; that is exactly where I struggle as well.

Edit: I too am in my early 30's with three small kids and am a fairly new rider. There is a certain amount of cautiousness that impedes my riding to an extent as a result of this. But whatever, it's a shit ton of fun!

Last edited by trapper; 02-14-2013 at 01:56 PM.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote