Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - haha you silly skier :3
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #50 (permalink)
Bullboy145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
I'm going to assume you meant to say SOME skiers. There are plenty of rad, chill, cool skiers ( excluding of course my Tele skier friends who are all a bunch of kooks.....)and many skiers are also good snowboarders. There are also plenty of douchebag snowboarders. Now having said that, there is often some kernel of truth to stereotypes. I do think there still exists an element of elitism among older skiers but as these fuckers die off, that is slowly evaporating.

As for maneuverability and control, I don't see much of a difference. It really comes down to the skill of the skier or the rider. I really don't see one being better than the other, just different.
Same, I've got two of the craziest mofo's on skis for friends, one thought snowboarding was easy. No long though, since he tried and ran into one of the lift pylons. There are some of the worst people on skis though, I remember this older fellow cut me off as I was starting down a black diamond one time, completely threw me off, resulting in a little quaking and/or surprise from me, and as a result, my edge caught, sending me flying. What's worse, I swear there was the red jacket of the Ski Patrol on his back. Yeah, the Ski Patrol has no respect for a little feller like I was at the time. Though I've met some friendly skiers as well, its the snowboarders who are really open and friendly. And trust me, you meet some real characters on snowboards
Bullboy145 is offline   Reply With Quote